Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The first day of the rest of my diet

Today I am proud to announce I did not put a single thing in my mouth that didn't belong in there (for any men that might be reading this, get your minds out of the gutter!).  The worst thing I did was forget to eat my breakfast.  Oh, I put it in the microwave, I heated it up....then promptly forgot to eat it in my mad rush out the door.

Am I still disappointed in myself?  Well, yeah, of course I am.  My stunning almost seven pound weight loss has now dwindled to 2.8 pounds.  I may have stuck to working out every day, but yesterday I only did half the work I was supposed to.  The best thing you can say about me is that I've stayed away from soda!

But the best part of making a lifestyle change, or really doing anything at all for yourself, is that you always have the option of a do over.  If you are truly doing it for yourself, then there's nobody to be disappointed in you but you. 

Today is the first day of the rest of my diet.  Whatever I did since Friday to sabotage myself is done, and there's no going back and changing it now.  All I can do is move forward.  And move forward I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment