Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Epic Fail!!!

So, I finally braved the scales today.  While I didn't manage to put back on all the weight I've lost, I did manage to gain back over half of it.  To top it off, my most awesome boss took all of us to Ryan's Steakhouse for lunch today.

How could I possibly tell him that pretty much the only thing I'd be able to eat and stay within the confines of my diet would be salad?  And it was iceberg lettuce to boot!  No nutritional value whatsoever.  And I would appear to be a total ingrate if that's all I ate when there was a veritable smorgasbord of culinary delights like fried chicken, Mac and cheese and chocolate cake available.

So I ate.  Small portions of everything, and I stuck to water, but I did eat stuff that was in no way, shape or form good for me.

Look, it is what it is.  The Mexican food I had for lunch yesterday wasn't on my diet either.  Neither were the subs I had over the weekend, the pancakes I ate at Dennys or the six or so beers I drank Saturday night.  But I did it, all of it, and there's no taking it back now.  All I can do is move forward.

I only did half my prescribed workout today.  My only excuses are that the wind and the cold took a lot out of me today And when I got home my pooch Gillie was under the weather (hopefully nothing serious) and I felt more like cooking a decent dinner and doing the dishes than I did working out.  And yes, I was feeling a little sorry for myself, which makes no sense at all, since this is all of my own making.

Still, thirty minutes of exercise is better than none.  And water still trumps soda, which I have managed to resist for over three weeks now.  And being down 3.6 pounds since I started this a little over three weeks ago is better than no weight loss at all.

So, tonight I will be a little lazy.  I will snuggle Gillie and love her up and hope she feels better tomorrow.  I will pack my lunch and snacks for tomorrow, because tomorrow is a new day.  Bikini season is still a ways off, and I have no reason to believe I can't do this, because I've been doing it, and seeing results.

Epic Fail?  Nah, not really.  Just a rough couple of days and a few bad choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment