Sunday, January 13, 2013

Small Victories

Okay, okay, I haven't been as good as I should have.  I ate an entire filet mignon Friday night (as well as a deep fried chicken wing I swiped off the old man's plate).  And yesterday at work I indulged (slightly) in a few bites of some yummy desserts from a plate celebrating the festival of Guadalupe, but hey, there are worse things than beef and it was only one chicken wing and only a few bites of sweets.

Since then, I've worked on figuring out ways to curb my sweet tooth without overindulging.  I took a page from Shaun T' s cookbook that was sent with my workout videos and had a small piece of Angel food cake lightly (veerryy lightly) drizzled in chocolate syrup.  Angel food cake is low in calories and fat.  I've always loved Angel food cake, and I plan to use it only as a last resort.

But rather than focus on the not- so- good things I've done, I prefer to focus on the small victories I've had.  I have Not skipped a single workout, no matter how sore and tired I've been.  I have Not had a single soda since, well, I can't remember exactly, but it's been more than a week ago.  Given the fact that this is one of my major addictions, this is huge.  I have not gone out to lunch a single time since I started this diet and exercise program, and not one morsel of fast food has crossed my lips.  I have been drinking water like there's no tomorrow.

The fact of the matter is, this can't just be about losing weight.  It has to be about more than that.  It's about taking control of my life back.  It's mental as well as physical.

Once again, my outer fatty is chuckling over my indulgences.  But they are small victories.  My inner skinny bitch, however, is smiling serenely and giving her the one- fingered salute.  Her victories are the larger ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment