Sunday, January 13, 2013

Could be my imagination....

My skin is looking hideous.  This could be for a couple of reasons.  It could be the skin care stuff I've been using, since its different than the stuff I normally use.  But it's supposed to brighten and even my skin tone, not give me acne, for crying out loud.  Or it could be the stuff I've been eating and all the water I've been drinking are pushing all the bad crap out through my pores.  I prefer to think it's the latter than the former.  Either way, it's my firm belief that any woman, no matter what her age, should not have to battle acne and wrinkles at the same time.

I remember when I went on a big green tea drinking kick.  For about two weeks,my face resembled a mine field.  Then it miraculously cleared up.  I was told that all the anti- oxidants in the tea pushed all the toxins out through my pores.  Why I ever gave up green tea, I'll never know.

At any rate, it could be my imagination, but I think my size medium yoga pants (bought entirely by accident, the hanger said extra large) fit a little more loosely than they did a few weeks ago.  And my thighs seem a little firmer than they did a few weeks ago.  Sadly, my belly is still here and probably the same size and shape as its been.  But that's the last place I always lose it and the first place I gain it.  And I still have my furniture problem (my chest hangs into my drawers).  That may never correct itself, unless I manage to save enough for a boob lift.

And do you know what I did tonight?  This is too exciting.  I did push ups.  Yeah, you heard me right.  I said push ups.  Sixty of them, in fact.  Okay, so they were girl push ups, and so I didn't go all the way to the floor, but the fact remains that they were push ups, And I did them.  Even when my arms were screaming in protest and all I wanted to do was crumple to the floor in a sweaty, miserable heap, I kept going.

I'm still waiting on the big endorphin rush that I've heard comes when you're all sweaty and done with your workout.  A co- worker tells me she feels it immediately after she starts working out again, even if it's been a while since her last workout.  Of course, she's a skinny bitch.  And to be honest, the last time I had an endorphin rush so big I couldn't stop shaking was....when I got my last tattoo (thought I was going to say something else, didn't you?).

Yeah, it could all be my imagination, but I think I'm seeing results.  Outer fatty?  well, she's in a bit of a snit and sulking this evening.  But my inner skinny bitch?  She.Is.  CROWING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment