Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I've been baaaaaad.....

The title says it all.  Tonight I ate.....wait for it....a chocolate chip cookie.  Okay, granted, it was just one and it wasn't very big, but still.  It was a chocolate chip cookie.  Then I followed it up with....a piece of deer meat, breaded and fried.  Yeah, it was just a small piece, but still.  It was breaded and fried.  Obviously, neither of these things is particularly conducive to losing weight.

Nobody forced me to eat these things.  And my only defense is that I have been suffering from mad cravings all day today.  As I sat in the break room at work watching the AVI worker fill the vending machines all I could think about was knocking the poor girl down and ravaging the machine.  Because everything in there, right down to the stuff I don't even really like, looked delicious.

I'm debating whether to even get on the scales tomorrow morning.  If I actually weigh the same as I did this morning, I'll consider myself lucky.  If I weigh more, I'll feel like a failure.  I know, it was just one cookie and just one small piece of fried yumminess (and actually deer meat is pretty healthy), but fried food and chocolate chips are not in my new repertoire.

On a positive, I did work out today.  I was sore as hell, so sore, in fact, that I survived today at work only by the grace of the almighty and ibuprofen.  But once I started to get warmed up and sweaty, it all went away.  And it could be my imagination, but it seems like the moves are coming easier to me.

I'm mad at myself, but I'm not discouraged.  I am going to do this.  The outer fatty may have won this battle, but the inner skinny bitch ain't down and out just yet.  She's still very much alive and kicking.  And spoiling for a fight.

1 comment: